Friday, February 4, 2011

Roo!



As you may have seen, here and there I like to draw my dogs. I really should draw them more, they are such amazing wonderful animals..and super cute. Here is Roo, based on a sketch I did nearly a year ago which i came across in an old sketchbook. She may look peaceful here, but she can be quite the guard dog.

Something that I have learned recently is the importance of using different brushes than the normal ones in photoshop, the default brushes are just the tip of the ice berg my friends. I have a lot of experimenting to do with over 200 brushes I just got for photoshop. Very frequently I get hung up on trying out new stuff because I get so excited to draw that I don't want my medium to hold me back. This can be true, but new mediums can be extremely inspiring in their own way so remember to always keep an open mind. I have been working full time at ZYNGA for some time now and I am finally settling in. Hopefully I will be able to share some more personal work soon.

3 comments:

vomittocolorido said...

You're so right about the brushes...
Looking forward to see more of your personal work, love your stuff.

Lady Garland said...

Ha! I know exactly what you mean. Making your own brushes and discovering new techniques is so exciting! Roo looks adorable in the pink sweater.

James Anderson said...

Wonderful work! Reminds me of my dog. I found you through Tom Dell'Aringa's comic.